Outlook is one of the best email service provider, however, it too has issues which are unavoidable. The Outlook Error 0x800ccc0f is frequently encountered by the users. It primarily occurs if the settings are changed or even due to a third party antivirus. If you are encountering the same error, go through the article to know more about the easy solutions to resolve the error.
If you are encountering the error 0x800ccc0f Outlook 2010 error, follow the accurate methods given below and fix the glitch in no time.
The error can be resolved by enabling the server authentication from Account Properties. The failure can be triggered if the email client is unaware that the server of your email requires authentication.
1. Click on Settings and then open Accounts.
2. When the window opens, click on Properties.
3. Now, open the Servers tab, check the box beside the My server requires authentication option.
4. Finally, you need to hit the Apply option to save the changes which you recently performed.
The Outlook Error ox800ccc0f can also occur if you have any third-party antivirus installed in your device. Due to certain antiviruses, the default Windows listening ports for POP and SMTP might get modified. The antivirus software might prevent from sending or receiving emails.
Hence, the best way to fix the error is by disabling or deleting the antivirus itself. To uninstall the device perform the following steps:
1. Click on the Start and then open Control Panel.
2. Now, click on the Programs option and then on the Programs and Features option.
3. Locate the software you want to uninstall and then click on it.
4. Finally, you need to click on Uninstall. The uninstallation may take a few minutes to complete.
5. After the uninstallation, you need to reboot your system and check if the error resolves.
The users report that upon repairing the whole Windows suite, the Outlook send receive error 0x800ccc0f resolves. If you want to do the same, complete the following steps:
1. At first, click on the Windows logo key and on R together to open the Run command.
2. When the Run dialog box appears, type in “appwiz.cpl” and hit on the Enter key.
3. The Programs and Features window will then open on your computer screen. Click on the on Windows Live Essentials and then you need to choose the Uninstall/Change option.
4. Now, you need to click on the Repair all Windows Live programs option and then wait for a few minutes for the process to complete.
5. When the process ends, reboot your system and check if the Outlook Error 0x800ccc0f resolves.
You can only perform this method if you are using Windows Vista or any older versions. This method has often helped the users to fix the Outlook Error ox800ccc0f. You need to enable the SSL 2.0 in your default browser.
If you are a Google Chrome user, you need to click on the Menu option and then open Settings. Now under the Advanced tab, you need to click on the Network option and then choose the Change Proxy Settings option. Finally, select the Internet Properties option. When the window opens, click on Advanced, and then select the Security tab. Check the box beside the Use SSL 2.0 option and finally click on Apply to save the changes.