An Outlook user frequently encounters various types of issue or error because of problems like PST file corruption, relocation of the PST file, Outlook profile corruption, PST corruption, etc. And a very common indicator of these PST related problems is the Outlook error 0x8004010f.
PST files are a local copy of your Outlook account information stored in the computer. This feature allows the user to access their previously downloaded or synchronized email messages, calendar information, contacts, and tasks without any internet connection.
Now, if you are one of those users who is facing the error 0x8004010f while using the Outlook application, then follow this article till the end. Here, we have provided every possible solution to fix this error.
Potential Ways to Fix the Outlook Error 0x8004010f
In order to resolve the Outlook Error 0x8004010f, you need to follow some simple and straightforward solution. Have a look at those solutions and try to execute them as instructed.
Locate the Outlook Data File (PST)
When the Outlook sending error 0x8004010f appears on the system, then the first thing you should try is to locate and select the missed PST files. Now, to perform this method on the system follow the given steps.
- Launch the Outlook application and click on the File option. A drop-down menu will appear on the screen. In that menu, click on the Account Settings option and enter into its window.
- In that window, you need to click on the Account Settings option again. This will bring up a new window on the screen.
- Inside that newly opened window, tap on the Data Files tab and note down the name and location of the default Outlook data file.
- After that click on the Close option and then look for the error message.
Create a New Profile in Outlook
It might be possible the Outlook profile you are currently using is corrupted and that thing is causing that error on your Outlook application. Now, to fix that problem you need to create a new Outlook profile and to do that follow the given steps.
- Click on the Start icon in order to open the Windows Search Box. Then, type “Control Panel” in it. Now, click on the first shortcut option which appears in the result section. This will open up the Control Panel window on the screen.
- There you need to click on the Mail option in order to open up the Mail Setup window. In that window, you will get the Outlook option and click on it.
- This action will lead you to the Outlook window. There you need to click on the Show Profiles button.
- The Mail pop-up window will come up on the screen. There you need to click on the Add button.
- A box will appear on the screen. In that box, type in a name for your new Outlook profile and then click on the OK button
- After that, you need to enter your account credentials in the Add Account window and then click on the Next button. Once you do that, a new Outlook profile will get created.
Now, if you don’t want to use auto account setup feature and perform manually then follow the given steps.
- Go to the Add Account again and check the box beside the Manual setup or additional server types option. Then, click on the Next button to continue the setup process.
- Now, on the Choose Service window, select the box next to the POP or IMAP option and then hit the Next button.
- The POP and IMAP Account Settings window will come up on the screen. There you need to provide your account details into their respective places.
- Then, go to the Deliver Messages section and tick the box beside the Existing Outlook Data File option. After that, click on the Browse button and then select the PST files of your previous account. Now, click on the OK button and then hit the Next option.
- Instantly the Test Account Settings window will come up on the screen. In that window, first, click on the Close button and then hit the Finish button.
Once you have done all of these tasks, quite the Outlook account and then relaunch it again in order to verify the status of the Outlook 2016 error 0x8004010f.
Set the Newly Created Outlook Profile as the Default
After creating a new profile if you are still facing the Outlook 2016 error 0x8004010f, then it is quite possible that the new profile you have been created isn’t set as default.
Now, to set the newly created Outlook profile as the default one, follow the given steps.
- Open up the Control Panel window and click on the Mail option.
- Then, click on the Outlook icon and then select the Show Profiles option.
- The Mail window will pop-up on the screen. There you need to select the newly created profile and then click on the Properties option.
- Now, the Mail Setup window will come up on the screen. In that window, click on the Email Accounts button. This will bring up the Account setting box.
- There you need to tap on the Data File tab and then click on the Set as Default option.
Once you have done that, click on the close button and then look for the error.
We hope that our solutions and suggestions are helpful to you regarding the Outlook error 0x8004010f. If you need more information on this error or any other tech-related assistance, then seek professional help.