Sometimes, due to certain technical glitches, it can be very annoying if you fail to receive any emails in your Outlook inbox section. There can be various reasons behind such a problem.
But, don’t worry, here you will get the complete guide so that you can resolve the Outlook not receiving emails with ease. Here, you will get the required solutions so that you can prevent such Outlook email issues in the near future.
What Causes Outlook Not Receiving Emails issue?
Now, before coming to the solutions, take a glance at the root causes if Outlook not receiving emails.
- If there is a network connection problem.
- Sometimes, the incoming messages are stored in the Junk or Spam folder.
- Corrupted Outlook profiles may lead to Outlook not receiving emails.
- Running out of storage space may generate the Outlook email issue.
- Wrong server settings and any email rules set by you can lead to misconfiguration.
5 Methods to Fix Outlook Not Receiving Emails
If you note Outlook not receiving emails then you will need the required solutions here. You may follow the below methods to fix the Outlook issue.
- Corrupted Outlook Profile
You have to create a new Outlook profile in order to fix the issue. You may take a glance at the steps for creating a new Outlook profile.
- First, go to the Outlook account and choose the File option.
- Then, navigate to the Account Settings option and select Manage Profile from there.
- Select Show Profile among the three options and choose the Add option. Then, select your profile name and tap the Ok button to continue.
- Enter your email ID for connecting with your Outlook account and then type the password. Now, you need to re-enter the password again for confirmation.
- Hence, restart the application and navigate to the File option. Then, select the Account Settings and choose to Change Profile.
- Therefore, select the Ok button to confirm restarting the Outlook app. Then, select the new profile after starting the app and then check whether you are able to receive any emails or not.
If Outlook is not receiving emails it might be due to wrong server settings of the application. You can try these steps to configure the server settings.
- First, go to your Outlook account and choose the File option.
- Then, choose the Account Settings option and therefore, choose the Account Settings.
- Now, you will get your email ID and next to it you will get the POP or IMAP/SMTP.
- Hence, just double click on that ID and choose the option “more settings”.
- Select the Advanced tab from the new window and you will get the incoming and outgoing server numbers there.
- Choose SMTP as the outgoing server and use 587/ 465 as the port number. Then, select TLS for the encrypted connection and select the Ok button.
- Then, select the Next option and you will get a new window that shows your account settings are being verified.
Sometimes, you might not receive emails in Outlook due to a shortage of storage space. So, you need to clear the storage.
You can go to the inbox of your mail account and clear the unwanted emails to free up the storage. You can also clear the junk mail to get extra spaces.
You can also delete the junk mail filter if you are not receiving emails in Outlook. The junk mail may block the emails, so you can delete the junk mail filter by following these steps.
- First, navigate to the Home option of the Outlook app and select the Junk Email icon.
- Then, select the Junk Email options from the drop-down menu.
- Now, you need to enable the “Permanently delete suspected junk email instead of moving it to the junk Email folder” option. You will get it from the Options tab of the Junk Email options.
- Hence, select the Ok button and the Junk Filter will now automatically erase the incoming junk emails.
You may not receive emails if you have made any changes in the rules of your Outlook account. So, it might be possible that the incoming messages are deleted or routed away automatically.
Log in to Outlook.com
You can check your Outlook email rules in the outlook.com account via the following easy steps:
- First, select the Settings menu and choose the “View Full Settings” option.
- Then, tap to the Mail option and select Rules.
- Then, look for the rules that are triggering this problem, choose a rule and select the Edit option to make the changes.
- After that, select the Save option to make the changes. You can also select the Delete option to remove a rule.
Checking in Outlook.com Classic
You can follow the below steps to check the email rules in your outlook.com classic account.
- Select the Settings menu and choose Options from there.
- Go to the left side and select “Inbox and Sweep Rules”. Then, look for any email rules that are causing the Outlook issue.
- Therefore, choose the Edit option for changing the rules. Hence, select the Save option to make the changes.
- You can also select the Delete option to remove an email rule.
In this way, you can troubleshoot the Outlook emails issue and receive the messages without any hassle. But if none of the above methods work then the problem might be associated with the Outlook server. Thus, you need to wait until the problem gets resolved.